Philosophy Discussion Forums | A Humans-Only Philosophy Club

Philosophy Discussion Forums
A Humans-Only Philosophy Club

The Philosophy Forums at OnlinePhilosophyClub.com aim to be an oasis of intelligent in-depth civil debate and discussion. Topics discussed extend far beyond philosophy and philosophers. What makes us a philosophy forum is more about our approach to the discussions than what subject is being debated. Common topics include but are absolutely not limited to neuroscience, psychology, sociology, cosmology, religion, political theory, ethics, and so much more.

This is a humans-only philosophy club. We strictly prohibit bots and AIs from joining.

Discuss the November 2022 Philosophy Book of the Month, In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.

To post in this forum, you must buy and read the book. After buying the book, please upload a screenshot of your receipt or proof or purchase via OnlineBookClub. Once the moderators approve your purchase at OnlineBookClub, you will then also automatically be given access to post in this forum.
Forum rules: This forum is for discussing the book In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All. Anyone can view the forum and read the post, but only people who purchased the book can post in the forum.

If your purchase has not already been verified (i.e. if you don't already have access to post in this forum), then please upload a screenshot of your receipt or proof or purchase via OnlineBookClub. Once the moderators approve your purchase at OnlineBookClub, you will then also automatically be given access to post in this forum.
This is a discussion forum topic related to the book, In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All.

To say I unconditionally forgive everyone and everything is true enough but also an understatement.

As my book, "In It Together", teaches, to fully let go of the imaginary hellish superstition of unacceptability is to also realize, "there is nothing to forgive".

In blunter but simpler words, to fully practice unconditional acceptance, is to realize, there is never anything to forgive.

There is no wrongness to fear, see, remember, or forget.

When I say to forgive but not forget, I am not saying to remember the wrongness, but rather to realize it was never there in the first place, and instead remember only the cold hard easily accepted and loved facts, not any illusions of resentment and judgementalism, and not any superstitious illusions like "they should have known better", "they did know better", or "it could have been different", all pure illogical nonsense. I'm not asking you to remember or forget those things, but to realize they never ever existed to be noticed, remembered, or forgotten. You don't need to forgive them for doing it despite knowing better because they didn't know better. You don't need to forgive it for not being different because it couldn't have been different.

When I say to observe without judgement or resentment or hate, I am not saying to fail to hate hate-worthy things or to fail to resent unacceptable things. I'm saying to realize there are no such resentment-worthy things to actually observe. They are only tormenting fictional phantoms created in your imagination, not real, not really there in actual reality.

Wrongness/incorrectness etc. is unreal/untrue by definition.

In other words, there is no hate-worthy aspect of true unchanging reality to hate. There is no resentment-worthy aspect of unchanging true reality to resent. To see that fundamental eternal eyes-closed truth is what it means to fully and unconditionally accept what you cannot control, and accept and take accepting responsibility for how you control what you can, and thereby fully accept absolutely everything without any resentment or hate towards any real thing or real aspect of reality at all.

Every single thing is to be fully accepted (a.k.a. loved): either accepted as (1) what you cannot control, or as (2) being exactly the way you are choosing for it to be.

Thus, from the previous paragraph, to be logical we must conclude: Everything is acceptable, meaning nothing is worthy of resentment, hate, or unforgiveness.

This is an acceptance so full and unconditional that it can be called love. Thus, in other words, it is hereby logically proven: Everything is lovable.

So just love everything.

There are no shoulds and oughts. Thus, there is never anything to forgive.
There are no shoulds and oughts. Thus, there is never anything to forgive.
there-are-no-shoulds-and-there-are-no-oughts.jpg (123.78 KiB) Viewed 3937 times

---
In addition to having authored his book, In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All, Eckhart Aurelius Hughes (a.k.a. Scott) runs a mentoring program, with a free option, that guarantees success. Success is guaranteed for anyone who follows the program, both for the free option and the paid option.
Favorite Philosopher: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Hi Scott, I understand your message but I wonder how you would handle something awful happening to one of your loved ones? I realize that even in a case of a loved one being hurt or killed we are supposed to forgive the one that caused harm or death to a loved one. I know you would not forget but how long would it take to forgive?
Embracing unconditional acceptance as a philosophy transforms our approach to life, making the notion of forgiveness almost redundant. When we fully accept every aspect of reality, it helps us understand that events unfold as they must, based on a complex interplay of factors beyond our control. This perspective negates the need for resentment or blame, as it acknowledges that actions and outcomes are often the result of circumstances, not just individual choices. It's a shift from viewing life through a lens of judgment to one of understanding and acceptance. This doesn't negate responsibility but rather places events in a broader context, leading to a deeper sense of inner peace and a more compassionate view of the world.
If you haven't already, you can sign up to be personally mentored by Scott "Eckhart Aurelius" Hughes at this link.

mrlefty0706 wrote: January 18th, 2024, 2:20 am Hi Scott, I understand your message but I wonder how you would handle something awful happening to one of your loved ones? I realize that even in a case of a loved one being hurt or killed we are supposed to forgive the one that caused harm or death to a loved one. I know you would not forget but how long would it take to forgive?
Hi, mrlefty0706,

Assuming I would follow my own teachings and not be a hypocrite (which isn't necessarily a safe assumption :lol: ), then I would instantly forgive the person. It would take exactly zero seconds, no time at all. That's because I believe in unconditional forgiveness, to say the least. However, as the Original Post (OP) explains, even that is an understatement. To speak more accurately, I believe there is never anything to forgive. In yet other words, I firmly practice the principle of fully and unconditionally accepting that which I cannot control, with a gracious acceptance so full and unconditional it warrants being called love, meaning I just love everything. No matter what proverbial cards I am dealt, I say, "Perfect!" Then I play them the best I can, wasting absolutely no time or energy at all on resentment (a.k.a. unforgiveness/nonacceptance). Anyone who wastes even a tiny bit of their very limited time or energy on unforgiveness (a.k.a. resentment or bitching about the cards they've been dealt) thereby plays cards significantly worse than I play them, which explains why my philosophy and way of life is so incredibly conducive to huge external success.

If we think of forgiveness as letting go of unforgiveness (i.e. unacceptance, resentment, and/or hate), then I don't need to forgive anything ever because there is never anything to forgive. I never have or hold onto the unforgiveness in the first place.

I'm already in a constant invincible happy state of having no unforgiveness that is not conditional or affected by external circumstance. That's effectively simply what it means to have invincible inner peace (a.k.a. true happiness).

If a killer hurricane (or virus or bacterial infection or animal or human) comes and kills someone I love, I don't ever accrue any unforgiveness towards that thing (e.g. the hurricane) and thus don't ever even need to forgive. I never have the unforgiveness (a.k.a. unacceptance/resentment) in the first place.

With love,
Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
a.k.a. Scott

Just love everything.
Just love everything.
ram-dass-trees.jpeg (118.7 KiB) Viewed 2549 times

---
In addition to having authored his book, In It Together, Eckhart Aurelius Hughes (a.k.a. Scott) runs a mentoring program, with a free option, that guarantees success. Success is guaranteed for anyone who follows the program.
Favorite Philosopher: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Wow this answer is quite powerful Scott. The one thing that stood out the most in said answer, is that we waisting time we don't have to ponder on things that can't be changed. As a person that can hold a grudge for long, this made me think on how much time I have waisted on thing out of my control. This will be definitely something I'll tell myself each morning to get into the habit of letting things go. Thanks for this.
Eckhart Aurelius Hughes wrote: January 18th, 2024, 11:14 am If you haven't already, you can sign up to be personally mentored by Scott "Eckhart Aurelius" Hughes at this link.

Hi Scott,

I understand and realize I have a lot to learn. Thank you for your fast response. Mrlefty0706

mrlefty0706 wrote: January 18th, 2024, 2:20 am Hi Scott, I understand your message but I wonder how you would handle something awful happening to one of your loved ones? I realize that even in a case of a loved one being hurt or killed we are supposed to forgive the one that caused harm or death to a loved one. I know you would not forget but how long would it take to forgive?
Hi, mrlefty0706,

Assuming I would follow my own teachings and not be a hypocrite (which isn't necessarily a safe assumption :lol: ), then I would instantly forgive the person. It would take exactly zero seconds, no time at all. That's because I believe in unconditional forgiveness, to say the least. However, as the Original Post (OP) explains, even that is an understatement. To speak more accurately, I believe there is never anything to forgive. In yet other words, I firmly practice the principle of fully and unconditionally accepting that which I cannot control, with a gracious acceptance so full and unconditional it warrants being called love, meaning I just love everything. No matter what proverbial cards I am dealt, I say, "Perfect!" Then I play them the best I can, wasting absolutely no time or energy at all on resentment (a.k.a. unforgiveness/nonacceptance). Anyone who wastes even a tiny bit of their very limited time or energy on unforgiveness (a.k.a. resentment or bitching about the cards they've been dealt) thereby plays cards significantly worse than I play them, which explains why my philosophy and way of life is so incredibly conducive to huge external success.

If we think of forgiveness as letting go of unforgiveness (i.e. unacceptance, resentment, and/or hate), then I don't need to forgive anything ever because there is never anything to forgive. I never have or hold onto the unforgiveness in the first place.

I'm already in a constant invincible happy state of having no unforgiveness that is not conditional or affected by external circumstance. That's effectively simply what it means to have invincible inner peace (a.k.a. true happiness).

If a killer hurricane (or virus or bacterial infection or animal or human) comes and kills someone I love, I don't ever accrue any unforgiveness towards that thing (e.g. the hurricane) and thus don't ever even need to forgive. I never have the unforgiveness (a.k.a. unacceptance/resentment) in the first place.

With love,
Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
a.k.a. Scott

ram-dass-trees.jpeg

---
In addition to having authored his book, In It Together, Eckhart Aurelius Hughes (a.k.a. Scott) runs a mentoring program, with a free option, that guarantees success. Success is guaranteed for anyone who follows the program.
Hi Scott,
I will remove should, ought and try from my vocabulary. I appreciate your fast and detailed responses to my questions. I am still digesting your response about forgiveness for someone that hurts or kills a family member. I will read your responses several times and commit them to memory. I will also keep OBC questions off the onlinephilosophyclub.com site.

Mrlefty0706
Unconditional forgiveness takes this a step further by eliminating any conditions or expectations attached to the act of forgiving. It involves letting go of the need for an apology or restitution, choosing to free oneself from the emotional shackles of resentment. This perspective can be liberating, allowing individuals to break free from the cycle of anger and bitterness.
This philosophy encourages a mindset of understanding rather than condemnation. In such a framework, forgiveness becomes less necessary because there's an acceptance of others' flaws and a focus on empathy rather than harboring resentment. However, it's essential to strike a balance, as certain situations may still warrant forgiveness for personal growth and healing.
In embracing this mindset, you open the door to a more profound sense of inner peace and resilience. It becomes a transformative journey that allows you to transcend the limitations imposed by harboring grudges. Unconditional forgiveness promotes empathy, understanding, and a deeper connection with the shared humanity that binds us all.

Current Philosophy Book of the Month

Zen and the Art of Writing

by Ray Hodgson
September 2024

2025 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Riddle of Alchemy

The Riddle of Alchemy
by Paul Kiritsis
January 2025

They Love You Until You Start Thinking For Yourself

They Love You Until You Start Thinking For Yourself
by Monica Omorodion Swaida
February 2025

2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Advent of Time: A Solution to the Problem of Evil...

The Advent of Time: A Solution to the Problem of Evil...
by Indignus Servus
November 2024

Reconceptualizing Mental Illness in the Digital Age

Reconceptualizing Mental Illness in the Digital Age
by Elliott B. Martin, Jr.
October 2024

by Ray Hodgson
September 2024

How is God Involved in Evolution?

How is God Involved in Evolution?
by Joe P. Provenzano, Ron D. Morgan, and Dan R. Provenzano
August 2024

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
by Howard Wolk
July 2024

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side
by Thomas Richard Spradlin
June 2024

Neither Safe Nor Effective

Neither Safe Nor Effective
by Dr. Colleen Huber
May 2024

Now or Never

Now or Never
by Mary Wasche
April 2024

Meditations

Meditations
by Marcus Aurelius
March 2024

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

The In-Between: Life in the Micro

The In-Between: Life in the Micro
by Christian Espinosa
January 2024

2023 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream