Philosophy Discussion Forums | A Humans-Only Philosophy Club

Philosophy Discussion Forums
A Humans-Only Philosophy Club

The Philosophy Forums at OnlinePhilosophyClub.com aim to be an oasis of intelligent in-depth civil debate and discussion. Topics discussed extend far beyond philosophy and philosophers. What makes us a philosophy forum is more about our approach to the discussions than what subject is being debated. Common topics include but are absolutely not limited to neuroscience, psychology, sociology, cosmology, religion, political theory, ethics, and so much more.

This is a humans-only philosophy club. We strictly prohibit bots and AIs from joining.

Discuss the November 2022 Philosophy Book of the Month, In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.

To post in this forum, you must buy and read the book. After buying the book, please upload a screenshot of your receipt or proof or purchase via OnlineBookClub. Once the moderators approve your purchase at OnlineBookClub, you will then also automatically be given access to post in this forum.
Forum rules: This forum is for discussing the book In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All. Anyone can view the forum and read the post, but only people who purchased the book can post in the forum.

If your purchase has not already been verified (i.e. if you don't already have access to post in this forum), then please upload a screenshot of your receipt or proof or purchase via OnlineBookClub. Once the moderators approve your purchase at OnlineBookClub, you will then also automatically be given access to post in this forum.
If you haven't already, you can sign up to be personally mentored by me, Scott "Eckhart Aurelius" Hughes, at this link.

Topics: #InnerPeace #SpiritualFreedom #SelfDiscipline #SelfControl #TrueHappiness #Liberation #UnconditionalLove #DoOrDoNot #NoTry #EverythingIsASuccess #EveryoneIsSuccessful #EverythingIsSuccessful #JustLoveEverything #BeautyEverywhere

Choices are infinitely easy because you are omnipotent when it comes to your choices. When it comes to your choices, you always get exactly what you want, meaning what you choose. In fact, you get it with infinite ease.

Do NOT conflate 'hard' with bodily feelings like:

- fear and scariness

- discomfort and uncomfortableness

- pain and painfulness

If you can do it and it's simply a matter of choice, then it might be scary, uncomfortable, and even painful, but it's still infinitely easy, because it's just a matter of choice.

Likewise, do NOT conflate 'hard' with 'expensive' (be that expensive in terms of time, money, or some other finite resource). There is difference between saying something has a cost that you either can or literally cannot pay, versus saying it is "hard" to choose to pay it or "hard" to choose to not pay it. Whether you choose to buy it by paying the price or choose to not buy it, exercising your power of choice is infinitely easy. When it comes to your choices, you always get exactly what you want, meaning what you choose. You are 100% in control of your choices. You are omnipotent over your choices. When it comes to your choices, you get what you want/choose with infinite ease and omnipotence.

Whatever it is, if you can do it (and also could not do it), then doing it (or not) is simply a choice, which means it is infinitely easy to do and infinitely easy to not do because you are omnipotent when it comes to your choices. Using your power of choice is infinitely easy. When given the choice between two or more things, you simply choose and get what you choose, with a magic-like omnipotence and simplicity. When it comes to your choices, you always get exactly what you want (i.e. what you choose) with infinite ease.

If you can't do it, then it is impossible. In that case, it's not hard; it's impossible.

Thus, nothing is hard. Nothing is difficult. Everything is either infinitely easy, or impossible.

Is it hard to choose to not cheat on your spouse when an attractive person is hitting on you and begging you to have sex with them? No. It's infinitely easy. It might be uncomfortable, frustrating, and even painful to stay faithful, but it's 100% in your control and thus infinitely easy to do. In shorter words, it might be uncomfortable, frustrating, and even painful, but it's infinitely easy. It might be tempting to cheat, and you might feel feelings of sexual attraction and sexual frustration, but it's infinitely easy to not cheat. The idea that having a temptation or bodily feeling can make a choice difficult or hard or closer to impossible is an illusion. When it comes to your choices, there is no 'closer to impossible' because it it is either impossible or infinitely easy. You either have a choice or you don't. And, if you have a choice, you get what you choose with omnipotence (i.e. infinite ease). You just choose it and get it, as if the two things were one and the same. When it comes to your choices, wanting, choosing, and getting are functionally the same exact one thing, hence the infinite ease, hence the omnipotence, hence the unwavering inner peace, hence the unwavering true happiness, hence the unwavering infinite spiritual satisfaction, hence the unwavering spiritual fulfillment.

Is it hard to choose to not eat? No, it's (typically) a choice, so it's infinitely easy. It might be uncomfortable or painful to not eat, but it's infinitely easy to choose to endure that discomfort, hunger, and pain. It's infinitely easy to choose to not eat despite the feelings of discomfort and pain. Feelings aren't choices. You typically can't control your feelings (e.g. hunger, pain, fear, etc.) but you do control your choices. You don't control your feelings, and your feelings don't control you. Your feelings are like other people. They are like other people--like foolish children--who live in your head and say things. They are like children in the backseat of your car telling you to drive to Disneyland instead of the dentist. They can say what they want, and you may not be able to stop them from saying nor control what they say nor stop yourself from hearing what they say. But there commandments are impotent. They have no actual control over you because you control your choices 100%.

My book teachings you to stop fighting with these impotent proverbial kids in the backseat and thereby find inner peace. In other words, my book teaches you to stop taking undue responsibility for the choices of those other people living in your head (as well as other literal people living outside your head) and instead put 100% of your limited time and energy towards taking full self-responsibility for yourself and how you steer that proverbial wheel, without trying to change what those proverbial kids in the backseat do and say, and without resenting or hating them. My book teaches you to love those proverbial kids in the backseat, and thereby find an unwavering true happiness and invincible unwavering spiritual fulfillment that nobody and nothing can take from you which thus also rightfully comes with an unwavering sense of safety, calm, grace, and peace. You'll rightly feel invincible and supernaturally powerful and supernaturally blessed because, in a strong important sense, you will be. In short, you'll tend to feel invincible because you will be. The key to feeling spiritually invincible is being spiritually invincible, and you can be. It's infinitely easy.

If you don't believe me, then I dare you to see for yourself with certainty whether I am correct or incorrect. Simply read my book if you haven't already, and then strictly follow all eleven of the infinitely easy-to-follow numbered suggestions at the end for just one week.

If you don't believe me, I ask you--dare you--to do your absolutely best to prove me wrong by reading my book and strictly following its suggestions.

If you then having achieved a state of extreme self-discipline (a.k.a. spiritual freedom) with unwavering invincible inner peace (a.k.a. true happiness, a.k.a. spiritual fulfillment, a.k.a. unwavering spiritual satisfaction), then you will have proved me wrong.

The more carefully you read the book and the more strictly you follow the numbered suggestions at the end, the more convincing your proof will be.

Even one written our outloud verbal shoulding or oughting or other act of willful resentment or willful judgementalism--or any other similar blatant violation of the numbered suggestions--would render your experiment invalid.

So I ask you, beg you, and dare you: Please do your absolute best to disprove me.

Do your absolute best to become a person who can say, "I carefully read your book at least twice, and I strictly followed all eleven of the suggestions for a week or more, and I don't yet have extreme self-discipline and/or haven't yet achieved a state of incredible spiritual liberation, spiritual fulfillment, and unwavering spiritual satisfaction. I haven't yet achieved a state of invincible inner peace (a.k.a. true happiness)."

Do your absolute best to become someone who can say and thereby be the first and only one to ever disprove me.

Worst case, you'll be unable to disprove by way of accidentally achieving a state unwavering true happiness, inner peace, spiritual freedom, and extreme self-discipline.

With love,
Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
a.k.a. Scott

Whatever it is, if you can do it (and also could not do it), then doing it (or not) is simply a choice, which means it is infinitely easy to do and infinitely easy to not do because you are omnipotent when it comes to your choices. Using your power of choice is infinitely easy. When given the choice between two or more things, you simply choose and get what you choose, with a magic-like omnipotence and simplicity. When it comes to your choices, you always get exactly what you want (i.e. what you choose) with infinite ease.<br /><br />If you can't do it, then it is impossible. In that case, it's not hard; it's impossible.
Whatever it is, if you can do it (and also could not do it), then doing it (or not) is simply a choice, which means it is infinitely easy to do and infinitely easy to not do because you are omnipotent when it comes to your choices. Using your power of choice is infinitely easy. When given the choice between two or more things, you simply choose and get what you choose, with a magic-like omnipotence and simplicity. When it comes to your choices, you always get exactly what you want (i.e. what you choose) with infinite ease.

If you can't do it, then it is impossible. In that case, it's not hard; it's impossible.

everything-is-infinitely-easy-or-impossible.jpg (177.87 KiB) Viewed 2090 times

---
In addition to having authored his book, In It Together, Eckhart Aurelius Hughes (a.k.a. Scott) runs a mentoring program, with a free option, that guarantees success.
Favorite Philosopher: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
I like the feeling of being supernaturally powerful and supernaturally blessed. I seek spiritual fulfilment every day after reading your book and the eleven numbered suggestions given at the end of it. We simply choose to get what we choose with a magic-like omnipotence and simplicity. Also, I appreciate the word 'self-discipline' in your explanation.
Always take full responsibility of your choices because you choose to do them. Then as for love, love everyone around you and do nit approach a situation with a bias. Spiritual freedom and inner peace are important in your life.
In It Together review: https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewt ... p?t=489094
While your perspective on choices and control is compelling, I believe it's important to acknowledge that challenges and difficulties can vary greatly for individuals. While some may find certain choices easy despite discomfort, others may struggle due to their unique circumstances and emotional states. Acknowledging these struggles doesn't diminish the power of choice; rather, it fosters empathy and understanding. Personal growth often comes from recognizing and navigating these complexities, not just by viewing choices as inherently easy or impossible.
In It Together review: https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewt ... p?t=488631
I'm partway through the second reading of your book. I've engaged with this topic with you on X, too. I'm doing so much more of what I 'want' to do than what I perceived that I 'had or needed' to do, and for myself, not for others. I wake up happier and more relaxed every day. There's room for improvement; the 'kids in the backseat' still distract me, but it's a WIP that I'm enjoying.
In It Together review: https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewt ... p?t=493266
In the book, the perception of something being "hard" is seen as subjective and often rooted in one's mindset and attitude. By changing one's perspective, individuals can transform how they experience challenges. This aligns with the idea that what we consider "hard" is more about our response to the situation rather than the situation itself. Therefore, I think this is correct.
Edah Chemonges wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 11:50 pm In the book, the perception of something being "hard" is seen as subjective and often rooted in one's mindset and attitude. By changing one's perspective, individuals can transform how they experience challenges. This aligns with the idea that what we consider "hard" is more about our response to the situation rather than the situation itself. Therefore, I think this is correct.
"If you haven't already, you can sign up to be personally mentored by me, Scott "Eckhart Aurelius" Hughes, at this link." I'd also like to know what this us about and if it's still on. Thanks.
One thing I've learned about your book is to ensure that I understand exactly what you mean before disagreeing or agreeing with what you're saying. I've read your book twice but sometimes in response to the discussions, I reread a section or topic. I agree that everyone has full control of their choices.
In It Together review: https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewt ... p?t=491308
I think the idea of having infinite ease in making choices can be a bit misleading. Often, our choices are influenced by various factors such as circumstances, background, and available resources. While it's important to have a positive mindset and believe in our ability to make choices, it's also crucial to acknowledge the complexities and challenges that come with decision-making. It's not always as straightforward as getting exactly what we want, and sometimes our choices involve trade-offs and uncertainties. What do you think?
In It Together review: https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewt ... p?t=490159
Our inner peace depends on the choices we make. It is the most important aspect of one's life. Whether they are small or significant decisions, the outcomes of these choices determine our state of well-being.
In It Together review: https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewt ... p?t=492122
I agree that the act of choosing is a powerful exercise of control and that we often overcomplicate decisions by conflating them with the emotional or practical difficulties associated with them. The distinction between what is "hard" and what is merely uncomfortable or costly is an important one. Recognizing that we control our choices, regardless of external pressures or internal discomfort, can be empowering and liberating.

However, it's also worth noting that while making choices might be straightforward in theory, the real-world implications and consequences of those choices can be complex. Emotional resilience, personal values, and the context of each decision play significant roles in how we navigate our choices. The idea of being omnipotent in our choices is compelling, but it might be helpful to balance that with an understanding of the nuances and challenges involved in implementing those choices in our everyday lives.
This is a fascinating perspective on choice and free will. The idea that our choices are fundamentally easy, regardless of the perceived challenges, is thought-provoking. Your breakdown of the distinction between "hard" and "impossible" is particularly insightful. It encourages a mindset shift, focusing on our innate ability to choose rather than being hindered by perceived obstacles.
In It Together review: https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewt ... p?t=527977
I believe that taking responsibility is an act of self-love. You love yourself to be responsible to yourself. This will in all ways affect your progress in life. When you fail, you take responsibility and you work on being better. When you crush that milestone, you take responsibility pat yourself on the back and do better towards your next milestone. Taking responsibility would increase your discipline, and your desire to crush the impossible would also increase.
In It Together review: https://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewt ... p?t=532610

Current Philosophy Book of the Month

Zen and the Art of Writing

by Ray Hodgson
September 2024

2025 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Riddle of Alchemy

The Riddle of Alchemy
by Paul Kiritsis
January 2025

They Love You Until You Start Thinking For Yourself

They Love You Until You Start Thinking For Yourself
by Monica Omorodion Swaida
February 2025

2024 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Advent of Time: A Solution to the Problem of Evil...

The Advent of Time: A Solution to the Problem of Evil...
by Indignus Servus
November 2024

Reconceptualizing Mental Illness in the Digital Age

Reconceptualizing Mental Illness in the Digital Age
by Elliott B. Martin, Jr.
October 2024

by Ray Hodgson
September 2024

How is God Involved in Evolution?

How is God Involved in Evolution?
by Joe P. Provenzano, Ron D. Morgan, and Dan R. Provenzano
August 2024

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters

Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
by Howard Wolk
July 2024

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side

Quest: Finding Freddie: Reflections from the Other Side
by Thomas Richard Spradlin
June 2024

Neither Safe Nor Effective

Neither Safe Nor Effective
by Dr. Colleen Huber
May 2024

Now or Never

Now or Never
by Mary Wasche
April 2024

Meditations

Meditations
by Marcus Aurelius
March 2024

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes

Beyond the Golden Door: Seeing the American Dream Through an Immigrant's Eyes
by Ali Master
February 2024

The In-Between: Life in the Micro

The In-Between: Life in the Micro
by Christian Espinosa
January 2024

2023 Philosophy Books of the Month

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
by John K Danenbarger
January 2023

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul

Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul
by Mitzi Perdue
February 2023

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness

Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature: How Civilization Destroys Happiness
by Chet Shupe
March 2023

The Unfakeable Code®

The Unfakeable Code®
by Tony Jeton Selimi
April 2023

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are

The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are
by Alan Watts
May 2023

Killing Abel

Killing Abel
by Michael Tieman
June 2023

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead

Reconfigurement: Reconfiguring Your Life at Any Stage and Planning Ahead
by E. Alan Fleischauer
July 2023

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough

First Survivor: The Impossible Childhood Cancer Breakthrough
by Mark Unger
August 2023

Predictably Irrational

Predictably Irrational
by Dan Ariely
September 2023

Artwords

Artwords
by Beatriz M. Robles
November 2023

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope

Fireproof Happiness: Extinguishing Anxiety & Igniting Hope
by Dr. Randy Ross
December 2023

2022 Philosophy Books of the Month

Emotional Intelligence At Work

Emotional Intelligence At Work
by Richard M Contino & Penelope J Holt
January 2022

Free Will, Do You Have It?

Free Will, Do You Have It?
by Albertus Kral
February 2022

My Enemy in Vietnam

My Enemy in Vietnam
by Billy Springer
March 2022

2X2 on the Ark

2X2 on the Ark
by Mary J Giuffra, PhD
April 2022

The Maestro Monologue

The Maestro Monologue
by Rob White
May 2022

What Makes America Great

What Makes America Great
by Bob Dowell
June 2022

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
by Jerry Durr
July 2022

Living in Color

Living in Color
by Mike Murphy
August 2022 (tentative)

The Not So Great American Novel

The Not So Great American Novel
by James E Doucette
September 2022

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches

Mary Jane Whiteley Coggeshall, Hicksite Quaker, Iowa/National Suffragette And Her Speeches
by John N. (Jake) Ferris
October 2022

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All
by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
November 2022

The Smartest Person in the Room: The Root Cause and New Solution for Cybersecurity

The Smartest Person in the Room
by Christian Espinosa
December 2022

2021 Philosophy Books of the Month

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan

The Biblical Clock
by Daniel Friedmann
March 2021

Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe

Wilderness Cry
by Dr. Hilary L Hunt M.D.
April 2021

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
by Jeff Meyer
May 2021

Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C
June 2021

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

Winning the War on Cancer
by Sylvie Beljanski
July 2021

Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream